This application is for coaches interested in running a USA Triathlon Approved Coach to Coach Mentorship Program.
The Coach to Coach Mentorship Application costs $100. Approval is valid for 1 calendar year (from the date of application acceptance through 12/31/2020).
- Mentor coaches will have the autonomy to design and run their mentorship programs
- Mentorship programs should be at least 3 months but can be up to 12 months in length
- If approved, USAT requires you to run the mentorship program as it was communicated to USAT via this application application and take ownership for the success of your mentorship program
- A mentorship agreement between mentor and mentee is encouraged
- Communicate to USAT Coaching Education all coaches that participated in your mentorship program as well as any additional feedback your receive regarding your mentorship program
- Approved Coach to Coach Mentorship Programs will be awarded USAT CEUs
- USAT will promote Approved Mentorship Programs on the USAT website and during 2020 Level I Coach Clinics
- Upon mentorship completion, a mentorship evaluation form will be submitted by mentees to USA Triathlon Coaching Education. Submission of the mentorship evaluation form is required for the mentee to earn USAT CEUs.
- USAT will then send the mentee coach a USAT CEU certificate
- Mentor coaches must be an experienced USA Triathlon Certified Coach
- Experienced USAT Coach is defined as a minimum of 5 years USAT coaching experience
- USAT Level II, Level II Endurance, Level III, Youth & Junior Elite or Paratriathlon Certified Coaches preferred
- Mentor coaches must always be in good standing including current background check, CPR certification, USAT Annual Membership, and SafeSport Training
Your cart is empty