When should an athlete clip in? Do my six year old's need to streamline in the pool? When should I start introducing agility work? This is an introduction to developing an organized and intentional skills training structure for youth triathletes and youth triathlon programs. Using long-term athlete goals, we will discuss how to work backwards to set age-based goals for skills competency in your program so that athletes are able to compete safely and effectively throughout their development.
Morgan began coaching triathletes in 2009, and has been part of the Playtri coaching team since 2010 (https://www.playtri.com/morgan). During that time she has built a substantial resume with a heavy emphasis on junior elite developmental coaching. Credentials include:
- USA Triathlon High Performance Team Head Coach (2013-Present)
- International Junior Elite (ITU) Athlete Coach
- Founder and Lead Coach of Playtri Youth & Juniors (2010-Present)
- Head Coach University of North Texas Triathlon (2009-2011)
- Head Coach Southern Methodist University Triathlon (2011-2012)
- USA Triathlon Junior Elite Camps Development Team
- USA Triathlon Coaching Certification Presenter
- USA Triathlon Multisport Zone Contributor
- USA Triathlon Kids Zone Contributor
- USA Triathlon Magazine Contributor
- Numerous AG Ironman finishers (including first-timers)
- Numerous AG ITU Short and Long Course World Championship qualifiers
- Director of Youth and Junior Elite Training Camps at the Playtri McKinney facility
- USA Triathlon Level II Certified Coach
- USA Triathlon Youth & Juniors Certified Coach
- USA Triathlon High Performance Team Coach
- USA Cycling Level III Certified Coach
- American Swim Coaches Association Member
USA Triathlon Coach Webinars
USA Triathlon offers a variety of webinars designed specifically for triathlon coaches. Each webinar is approximately 60 minutes in length. Webinars can be purchased for $34.99 each and come with the webinar recording, PowerPoint slides and a 10 question webinar exam. Coaches earn 1 USAT CEU upon passing a webinar exam. A passing score is 80% or higher. Please note, webinar purchases are nonrefundable.
For questions regarding the webinar program, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your cart is empty