Are you a coach who wants to work effectively and confidently with paratriathletes? With the debut of Paratriathlon in the 2016 Rio Paralympics and the four medals earned by USA Paratriathletes, there is building interest in paratriathlon from both athletes and coaches. For the coach, working with paratriathletes can strengthen problem solving skills, broaden experience, offer new challenges and provide many rewards. This webinar will take an in-depth look at the sport of Paratriathlon, the athletes, the different competition categories, training adaptations, equipment, racing rules and the pipeline to Tokyo 2020.
What You Will Learn:
- The short history of Paratriathlon and the Rio Report
- USAT Paratriathlon Divisions
- Sport Classes
- Unique equipment
- Paratriathlon Rules, an Overview
- USAT Paratriathlete Development Pipeline
- Technique Modifications for Swim, Bike, Run and Transitions
- Training Adaptations for Paratriathletes
Since 1993, Chris Palmquist has helped hundreds of endurance athletes achieve success - from brand new beginners and youth athletes to World Champions and Paralympic medalists. Chris is the owner of Cloud 10 Multisport.
- USA Paratriathlon National Team Coach
- 2016 Rio Paralympic Games Coach
- 2017 Paratriathlon Coach of the Year
- MMTT Youth Development Coach
- USA Triathlon Level III, Youth & Junior, Paratriathlon Certified Coach
- USA Cycling Level 1 Coach
- Precision Nutrition Level 1 Certification
- FIST Bike Fitter
USA Triathlon Coach Webinars
USA Triathlon offers a variety of webinars designed specifically for triathlon coaches. Each webinar is approximately 60 minutes in length. Webinars can be purchased for $34.99 each and come with the webinar recording, PowerPoint slides and a 10 question webinar exam. Coaches earn 1 USAT CEU upon passing a webinar exam. A passing score is 80% or higher. Please note, webinar purchases are nonrefundable.
For questions regarding the webinar program, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your cart is empty